Sustainability is the key to all facets of life...whether it be farming and gardening, camping and kayaking, or simply living on this planet from day to day.

Campers, hikers, and lovers of the outdoors have been doing it for years. We call it 'leave no trace' ~ leaving things nicer than we found them ~ in essence, the very same philosophy that we learned as little children but, which sadly, for many has fallen by the wayside as life just keeps getting busier and busier and as the world keeps moving faster and faster.

Slow down for a moment and sit a spell in the rocker on the front porch as I do my best to return my own life to those simpler times.

Enjoy your visit, come back as often as you like, and feel free to bring a friend every now and again~

MarySue

"We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public." ~Bryan White















Monday, October 3, 2011

They're here!

This will be my last turkey post -- at least for a few days -- I promise! 

Yesterday afternoon I drove out to Dinwiddie and picked up 10 beautiful Bourbon Red turkeys from Cardinal Hill Farm.  I brought home 7 toms and 3 hens.  I plan to keep the hens and one of the toms for breeding.  The rest will be Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, and in the freezer for later in the year. 



Between my sweet potatoes and my turkeys...my Thanksgiving feast is falling into place. 

Next up to source for the menu -- apples and pumpkins for pies.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment