Sustainability is the key to all facets of life...whether it be farming and gardening, camping and kayaking, or simply living on this planet from day to day.

Campers, hikers, and lovers of the outdoors have been doing it for years. We call it 'leave no trace' ~ leaving things nicer than we found them ~ in essence, the very same philosophy that we learned as little children but, which sadly, for many has fallen by the wayside as life just keeps getting busier and busier and as the world keeps moving faster and faster.

Slow down for a moment and sit a spell in the rocker on the front porch as I do my best to return my own life to those simpler times.

Enjoy your visit, come back as often as you like, and feel free to bring a friend every now and again~

MarySue

"We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public." ~Bryan White















Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's officially autumn at my house

I can tell that fall is here.

Nope...not by the calendar.  Not by the shorter days.  Not by the fact that I see more geese in the sky flying in formation (though I don't really believe that they fly south for the winter anymore -- there are an awful lot of them who seem to live here year round).

I held off for as long as I could...but tonight I finally fired up the pellet stove.  It has been chilly for the past several nights and, while it is not really all that cold, it was chilly enough that I was ready to pull out the extra blanket, if need be. 

I love my pellet stove.  I love a fire and it just 'fits' here in my little cabin.  The only thing I have to work on is getting it set up for battery backup so that I can still have heat (auger and fan both run on electrical power, after all).  But...that's something to shop for another day.  Tonight I just plan to enjoy the fire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment