Sustainability is the key to all facets of life...whether it be farming and gardening, camping and kayaking, or simply living on this planet from day to day.

Campers, hikers, and lovers of the outdoors have been doing it for years. We call it 'leave no trace' ~ leaving things nicer than we found them ~ in essence, the very same philosophy that we learned as little children but, which sadly, for many has fallen by the wayside as life just keeps getting busier and busier and as the world keeps moving faster and faster.

Slow down for a moment and sit a spell in the rocker on the front porch as I do my best to return my own life to those simpler times.

Enjoy your visit, come back as often as you like, and feel free to bring a friend every now and again~

MarySue

"We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public." ~Bryan White















Friday, May 2, 2014

Beauty is where you find it.

I have been away from the blog for far too long...in part, because I have been wasting way too much time following my friends' posts on Facebook. Again.

While I really do enjoy keeping up with their families, photos, big events, etc., it doesn't take more than a few minutes to realize that I am seeing more Buzzfeed ("What ______ are you?" With the blank being filled daily by some inane thing like a TV character, a color, a food, an odor, a board game...you name it.) and less personal content.

The best way to recharge (for me, anyway) is to unplug and get back to nature. Works every time.

I wanted to share this with you from my recent trip to Arizona to visit my parents. No real words required, other than to share something that my aunt said when I posted this on Facebook.

"You make that dusty, dry desert look beautiful!"

I didn't make it look beautiful. The beauty was already there. Sometimes we just have to remember to look!

Have a great Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment