Sustainability is the key to all facets of life...whether it be farming and gardening, camping and kayaking, or simply living on this planet from day to day.

Campers, hikers, and lovers of the outdoors have been doing it for years. We call it 'leave no trace' ~ leaving things nicer than we found them ~ in essence, the very same philosophy that we learned as little children but, which sadly, for many has fallen by the wayside as life just keeps getting busier and busier and as the world keeps moving faster and faster.

Slow down for a moment and sit a spell in the rocker on the front porch as I do my best to return my own life to those simpler times.

Enjoy your visit, come back as often as you like, and feel free to bring a friend every now and again~

MarySue

"We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public." ~Bryan White















Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Who knew running was actually kinda fun?

This will be short and sweet.  I won't be posting daily -- just maybe 1-2 times per week for now and will probably only post 1 time per week once I get better at all of this whole thing.  I also am only going to step on the scale once a week, but, remember...that's not my biggest concern.  The rest of this stuff is.

Here are the stats for today and the video.  They really say it all. 

10/30/2013  6:18 p.m.  Completed 1.13 miles in 18:30 minutes. 
My overall pace was 16:24 min/mile and my fastest interval was 14:13 min/mile. 

Comparing this to Sunday's C25K 'run', I'm looking better already in just a few days. 

10/27  1.05 miles
My overall pace was 17:35 min/mile and my fastest interval was 15:22 min/mile. 

So...in just a few days, I'm already down over a minute per mile.  I know I am still really slow, but I'm moving in the right direction.  A friend who was into fitness once told me that 'the trend is your friend'.  Right now, it's a bit early to be calling trends, but my mini-trend is making me smile.  Oh, and get this...I liked it!  I never in a million years thought that I would actually enjoy 'running'.   One day I will just call it running...and not 'running'...but I'm still using the term pretty loosely.

The video will tell you the rest...





'til next time...MarySue

No comments:

Post a Comment